Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Animoto, anyone?

Once again I have been inspired by a fellow blogger!

Heather over at the Meek Moose recently wrote about a tech class she's taking and mentioned Animoto.  Now I tried Animoto years ago when it was new and hated it!  But she made it seem so easy and fun, I've given it another chance.  And she's right!

I love it!

So I made this quick video.  This 30 second book report took me about 30 minutes.  The most time consuming part is searching through the internet and the site itself choosing pictures.  Not good for a perfectionist like me.  I can imagine that kids could throw together a quality video in just a few minutes.  How cool would it be to assess their videos; they would love it!



Make your own slide show at Animoto.

 There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom is one of my all time favorite of Louis Sachar's books!  If you haven't read it yet, please do!  I read it out loud to my class every year, and everyone loves it - even the boys!  It's funny and sweet and silly and touching.  I cry at the end every year!  (I warn my kids ahead of time...) 

Bradley is boy whom everyone - even the teachers - hate.  He lies, he growls, he doesn't know how to make friends.  His only friends are his animal figurines.  When a new counselor is hired at his school, Bradley learns, through Carla, what friendship is.




0 comments :

Post a Comment