Saturday, August 4, 2012

New Year Resolutions


I am linking up with Amanda at Teaching Maddeness.  I need to put my resolutions out in the world.  I'm hoping by writing it and posting it publicly, I'll be more inclined to keep them.  *fingers crossed*

1. I resolve to get to school earlier than last year.  School starts at 8:40 and teachers must be in the building by 8:30.  Last year I rolled into the parking lot about 8:32 every day.  Needless to say there wasn't much time to get a lot done before the kids showed up.  This year I will get to school by 8:10. 


2. I resolve to spend my planning periods planning instead of visiting.  I cannot tell you how often I get to the end of my planning period and have nothing to show for it!  The schedule is going to be different, so I won't have breaks at the same time as my friends this year, but that has never stopped me before; I can talk to anyone!

3. I resolve to prepare for my morning before bed every night.  When I decide what to wear in the morning and pack my lunch before I go to bed, my morning is that much smoother.  I do manage to do this sometimes, but this year, every night!  This goal will also help me meet resolution #1!  Bonus!

4. I resolve to cook lunches rather than relying on premade frozen dinners.  I must have hot food for lunch, but I don't like to cook.  This year, I will cook casseroles for the week.  Geez, this one's hard to even write!  OK, maybe I'll aim for at least 3 days a week of home cooked somethings.  *fingers super crossed on this one*   If anyone has any suggestions, I could use the help with this one!



0 comments :

Post a Comment