Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Break = Rejuvenation!

Well, it's Christmas break. I've had a great time off, and I'm still looking forward to another four days! (I totally just had to check to see what day it is; for some reason it feels like a Sunday!) I spent the entire first week of my break just relaxing - no school stuff, no surfing TpT or Pinterest, no creating new games and activities for school, nothing. It's been sooo nice! Please tell me I'm not alone in sometimes wishing I worked in a job where I could leave at the end of the day and not think about work until the next day... 

Anyway, now I'm back in school mode. I've had a ton of fun looking at all the great resources available for the new year and even Valentine's Day on Pinterest and TpT. (Note to self: Write a post about said resources after using them!) I've even had time to catch up a little on reading the posts by all of the amazing teacher bloggers I've been ignoring since school started. I am absolutely in awe that you all can do everything - teach, blog, raise a family, etc. Do you all sleep? One of the great blog posts I read and feel like I have somethng to add is from Courtney at Swimming Into Second. She is hosting a linky called https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgEKRfmtDN8KBvEA7SwM7TrW52UXt_daJcDDLAybIcofvekGOF-1WV4Dt4WqlTkAXTSdt9ftzUm9hiKTF8u-Jl-mZ8H46HdeWbJfZ3qE1IlW8I7UVFT60LmgzUk7QPhYHP7GTDxz_t3uR1y/s320/BestBooksforBoyslinkyparty.001.png and if there's one thing I love and can't resist, it's a LINKY!  So here goes:

My boys (and some of the girls!) love, love, love the I Survived... series.  The favorites of them so far this year are I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 and I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (no surprises there, I suppose.).  A few of them have read the one about 9/11, but it seems too soon to me.  I can't read it yet.  I wonder how long it will be before I can relive that day with some detachment?

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhKYqg5mNqyHlLp1Yqnqz_OUiurqtu0qa8hKEU9TJpJnnogfWytBc3bJnecLWcfIr6APfc2eApe9gckKTlbNmPrgRZEtJuhNbkABF8-9uqp4kII9QyAupIG7PDQbNS39ntg5JbA6azPOm4/s1600/513koYoixoL._SS400_.jpg 

What are your boys reading?  Your turn to link up!  Click the graphic above or here to join in the fun!


0 comments :

Post a Comment