Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Very Own Linky Party!

After writing my New Year Resolution post, I realized I really need help with my fourth goal:  "4. I resolve to cook lunches rather than relying on premade frozen dinners."  Then I thought, "What a great idea for a linky party!"  Now you all can help me out - what better group of people to ask!

I try to spend at least part of my Sunday preparing for the week.  Unfortunately for me, I only know about two recipes.  One of my go-to recipes is tuna noodle casserole.  It's not really a recipe; I just dump, stir, and bake.

Ingredients:
Noodles - cooked slightly underdone
Tuna - I use the packets that you don't have to drain.
Vegetables - I add frozen peas, water chestnuts, and mushrooms, but I'm sure you can add whatever you like.
A can of Cream of Mushroom soup - I use the fat free kind
1/2 cup of lite sour cream
Shredded cheese - about a cup or so?  I use Cheddar or Mexican Blend (Weight Watchers)
Seasoning - I add garlic powder and onion powder.

Mix in a giant bowl and pour into an oil sprayed casserole.  Top it with a mixture of bread crumbs, butter, and Parmesan cheese.  Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.  Delicious!


So now I need your help.  Link up with your favorite or go-to recipes that are
  1. easy or
  2. slow cooker friendly or
  3. just plain delicious!
I can't wait to read some of your Sunday {make ahead}Suppers!

0 comments :

Post a Comment