Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Time T'angles'

Do you know about TeacherTipster.com?  I follow Mr. Smith on Facebook and have spent the summer watching all his videos.  Most of the ideas are too young for my kids, but sometimes they lead me to great activities.

Today is one of those days!

First, watch this:




This is a FABULOUS idea!  In the age of digital everything, kids can always use a refresher on time!  I am totally setting this up.  I have found clocks at the Dollar Tree in the past; I just hope they have them again! 


To up the challenge and keep my students engaged, I'm going change up the recording sheet as the year goes on.  Adding in angle identification is a no-brainer.

I am also thinking through how I can make a scavenger hunt out of it that would include elapsed time.  If each clock was the answer to a word problem (The party started at 8:00 and lasted for three hours and 10 minutes.  What time did the party end?), the kids would solve the problem, them go find the right clock and write it's letter on the recording sheet. 

Watch this space for my newest TpT creations related to this post!

0 comments :

Post a Comment