Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My first Google Doc! (It's a freebie!)

I recently got a help request from a fellow blogger that I couldn't answer.  I have never used google docs except to download pages from other people.  So I played around a bit today and want to share the fruit of my labor - for FREE!!!

On the first day of school, I have the kids complete this scavenger hunt.  It's a nice brain/body break in the middle of the morning for the kids.  And, after talking all morning, I need a break, too.  This is the first time I get to see who follows directions, how they relate to each other, and their personalities in a less formal setting.  While they are completing the activity, I am on the lookout for positive behavior like quiet feet and voices, and respectful and kind words.  When nearly everyone is done, I call them back and acknowledge the good behavior with stickers for their stickers charts.  I have been doing this so long, I have no idea whose idea it was originally; if it was yours, please comment so I can give you credit!
Click the picture to download from Google Docs.   


0 comments :

Post a Comment