Monday, July 30, 2012

Yay, it's Monday Made It!!

I have been waiting all week to share what I've been up to, and now's the time!

First up, I finally completed my Math Stations that I got from Becky at dots-n-spots.com and my favorite math guru, Scipi over at Go Figure!  Check out their sites for amazing resources!

 












Nothing too taxing here; just cut, laminate and trim.  But I wanted to share a trick that I used to make my pockets.  Let me preface that I bought the manila envelopes from your favorite dollar store and mine, and some of  them didn't have the little claspy thing on them.  After I rolled my eyes thinking, "You get what you pay for," I had an 'A-HA' moment!  Without the claspy things, I can safely run these envelopes through my laminator!  (OK, if you already knew that, just remember how cool you felt when you figured it out!)  I'm pretty sure you can't see it in the pictures, but the laminating sleeves I had didn't fully cover the envelopes.  I just left the top open.

For the envelopes to hold the number tiles, I laminated regular envelopes with matching squares on the front.  The pouches I used were again too small, and I just cut the short end of the envelope off to make a pocket that should last a good long time. 

September down.  Only 8 months to go...  Thank God for TpT and creative people!

----------------------------------------- 
Next up, the BIG project for the week.  Earlier this month I was inspired by The Meek Moose to create storage seating of my own.  I enlisted the help of my dad, and voila!  The hardest part of this whole thing was making decisions in Joanne Fabrics.  Many, many thanks to the ladies who helped indecisive me!


 
















































{Please note: I did actually help more than just snapping pictures!}

I love this and am thrilled with how it turned out.  I have the perfect spot for it under the windows, and can't wait to get to school this week and start setting up!

Up soon ~ pictures of my room.  I think most people will be shocked to see how small it is!  

What great things have you been up to this week?  Can't wait to see what you've made!


0 comments :

Post a Comment